MKCL provided Digital School content in New English School, Anawali, Pandharpur
September 7, 2012 Leave a comment
National Knowledge Network (NKN) an initiative of Govt. Of India has decided to provide broadband network for Education, Governance and Healthcare in India. They currently have provided broadband connectivity to 855 academic institutes in India. NKN wants to expand their reach to rural India. They have selected Shri Vittal Education and Research Institutes College of Engineering Gopalpur, Pandharpur as their hub. They would like to connect schools around this college and provide wi–fi connectivity of over 60 mbps.
MKCL has taken the responsibility of providing the academic content and networking of schools. MKCL conducted a pilot program at Rayat Shikshan Sansta’s New English School Anawali near Pandharpur. Students are very happy with MKCLs content.
Following dignitaries participated in the event on 5th September 2012.
- Dr. Anil Kakodkar
- Prof. S.V.Raghavan Director : National Knowledge Network
- Dr. B.K. Gairola Director General National Informatics Center
- Prof. D.B.Phatak – IIT Powai
- Prof. Ashwin Gumaste : IIT Powai
- Dr. Mundada Head Computer Dept. BARC Mumbai
- Prof. Jagdish Computer Dept. BARC Mumbai
- Mrs. Smita Mule Computer Dept. BARC Mumbai
- Mr. Prabhakar Dhekne : Raja Ramanna Fellow, BARC.
- Prof. B.P.Ronge Principal SVERI College of Engineering Pandharpur