Salient Features of MKCL Mastering JEE

You can read about MKCL Mastering JEE in this previous article

https://mkclindia.wordpress.com/2013/12/14/about-mkcl-mastering-jee

As we all know by now that MKCL Mastering JEE is a comprehensive test series by MKCL. In this article today, I will talk about the factors which make Mastering JEE stand out. In short, today’s article will discuss about the salient features of Mastering JEE.

Systematic Study Plan

As the word describes, the study plan and the test series is systematic. The time table is well laid out considering the window of the 12th standard examinations. There is an ample amount of chapter wise tests and then a good number of subject wise tests.

On the basis of the tests, you would be ranked nationwide. There is a preset timetable that you have to follow. A test missed is a test missed; you cannot reappear online for it. You would lose the chance to get ranked. Yes. It’s structured to that extent. MKCL has put up a system together.

With this MKCL Mastering JEE test series, a complete, comprehensive and systematic study plan is put together. It will not only prepare you for the examination, but also inculcate discipline and a sense of responsibility in you.

Conceptual Distractors

This is one of the most innovative and interesting factors in MKCL Mastering JEE. Lets take a look at the following question and its options now.

“When someone has trouble seeing far-away objects properly, what eye disorder is he/she suffering from?

  1. Myopia
  2. Presbyopia
  3. Hypermetropia
  4. Retinoblastoma”

As you see here, the difference between the options is very fine. Hence it forces the student to be extremely thorough with his/her concepts. It makes the student think before answering.

The basic concept behind conceptual distractors is, the multiple options in the MCQs are conceptually very parallel or alike. It’s a good way to test the conceptual clarity of a student. If a student doesn’t know the concept properly, then he/she is bound to get very confused.

Another indicative example for how the conceptual distractors work is as follows.

Which one of the below is a Chinese, Korean and Japanese national?

Picture1

If you observe clearly, we can see that all the girls in the picture are of Asian ethnicity. But without knowing the subtle details and a deep study of facial features and ethnicities, we just cannot be sure of an answer. This is how Conceptual distractors work.

Detailed GAP Analysis

Putting it simply, an examination tells you how much you scored. For example, a result says “you scored 70%.” But the same result, doesn’t tell you why and how you didn’t score the remaining 30%. It also doesn’t tell you how and what can be done to score those remaining 30%. It doesn’t tell you how you went wrong, what made it a wrong choice. It doesn’t tell you how that could be avoided. Mind you, all this time, we are talking about conventional examinations.

In MKCL Mastering JEE, you get what all the conventional examinations lack. You get a detailed GAP analysis. The GAP analysis tells you where you went wrong, which concepts you need to work upon and how can you improve. The bases for analysis are question wise, topic wise, and subject wise. There is a brief scorecard which tells you the score. More on the detailed GAP analysis in the next article. Keep a watch out.

P.S. If you are still wondering,  #1 is Japanese, #2 is Chinese, #3 is Korean! Have a good day!

About MKCL
Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Limited (MKCL) is a Public Limited Company to create new paradigm in education and development through universalization and integration of Information Technology in teaching, learning and educational management processes in particular and socio-economic transformative processes in general.

Leave a Reply for MKCL Corporate Blog

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: