Manage Exam Stress in Five Essential Steps
March 26, 2014 Leave a comment
The stakes are high. JEE is considered to be as a once in a lifetime opportunity. All the hard work and learning from the last two years is going to be tested at the national level. You want to do very well and so have u prepared. But the sheer scale at which the examination takes place, it is bound to stress you out. Always remember that stress in right amounts actually helps your performance, but when it increases to a large amount, that’s where problems start creeping in. So to avoid that and to effectively manage the exam stress, ensure the following 5 basic yet essential steps.
- Revise well. Revision is basically going through the syllabus you have studied. Prepare a revision timetable and stick to it. Make sure that you touch every subject on a daily basis. Revision also includes solving mock tests. Please refer to the earlier articles to hone your focus and to revise effectively.
- Sleep adequately for 6-8 hours a day. The amount of sleep a person needs is highly subjective, but make sure that you are not sleep deprived under any circumstances. Sleeping is rejuvenating. Sleep is the best stress buster. A good night’s sleep does freshen you up and keeps you in a positive frame of mind.
- Exercise daily. A short walk or a jog will help keep you stress-free. A good exercise will work up your appetite, increase your immune system and help fight stress. Exercise is a very good way to keep your mind off negative things.
- Follow a healthy and nutritious diet. A sound mind dwells in a sound body. Good food is the best source for both physical and mental energy and you require both in abundance. Indulge in home-cooked healthy meals, avoid eating out, and avoid food which has even the slightest chance to disturb your health.
- Organize. Keep your notes organized. Stick to the timetable prepared. Have a plan ready for studies. This will help u prevent any last minute changes in schedule and preparation, and will help studying and revising go smoothly.